Like all quality items, Bon Centuri knives will require some care and maintenance. As such, please make sure to always follow the below advice and care instructions.
- Always keep and store your knife clean and dry and in normal room temperature.
- For longer periods of storage, apply a thin layer of mineral oil on the blade to protect it from oxidizing and corrosion. This is especially important for carbon steel knives as they are not stainless.
- Hand wash your knife gently with mild soap and warm water. Do not use abrasive sponges.
- Dry your knife gently immediately after washing it with a soft cotton or paper towel.
- Never wash your knife in a dishwasher.
- Never leave your knife soaking in water.
- Never cut or chop extremely hard or frozen items such as seeds, bones or ice.
- Do not twist your knife when cutting.
- Do not bend or flex your knife.