How often do a need to sharpen my knife?
- You should sharpen your knife as soon as you notice that the knife blade is starting to become dull. How long it takes for this to happen depends on how much you use your knife. Normally it is enough to re-sharpen your knife a few times per year.
What is carbon steel?
- Before the invention of stainless steel, all knives were made of carbon steel. Due to the lack of corrosion resistance compounds in the steel, carbon steel is very pure and is able to attain an incredibly clean and sharp edge. However, this also makes the steel much more sensitive to corrosion and rust. Therefore, it is very important to wipe a carbon steel blade clean and make sure it is dry as soon as possible after using and washing the knife. If small spots of rust appear on the blade, they can easily be removed with a cleaning sponge and some water.
Will the patina on my carbon steel knife come off if I wash my knife?
- The patina is a light surface treatment that is forced on the blade in order to protect it from corrosion. This is not a permanent treatment and can come off if washed intensely with abrasive sponges and detergents. However, the patina can come back naturally over time if the knife is used and maintained properly. Cutting acid rich foods, such as lemons and limes can increase the speed of this process.
The patina differs slightly between two of my carbon steel knives, is this normal?
- Yes, as the patina is a result of a special treatment that forces a fully natural reaction to occur on the blade surface, there will always be small differences in the patina. Also, if you use your knives each knife will develop it’s unique patina over time. We find this to be one of the great experiences of owning a carbon steel knife.
Is the shipping fee included in the price?
- We offer free shipping within the EU for normal delivery. For express deliveries an additional fee will be applied.
Do you ship worldwide?
- Currently we only ship within the EU and to the USA. But keep your eyes open or join our mailing list to get info about when we will be available outside of the EU and the USA.
What are your delivery times?
- Normally between 3-5 business days depending on where you are located, what shipping method you have chosen and our current work load.
How do I know that the knife I ordered is on it’s way?
- Once your order is completed, you will receive an order confirmation via e-mail. Your product is shipped usually within 24 hours or on the next business day.
Can I return my knife and change it for another?
- We have a 30 day return policy, so provided that the knife is unused and returned in the same condition as you received it in, you can return your knife. We will refund you as soon as possible. You can then order another knife. Please note that you must contact us on email@example.com before initiating a return or exchange. We are happy to assist you.
I placed an order, but didn’t receive my order confirmation, what shall I do?
- Start by looking in your e-mail spam folder/inboxes. If you have not received an order confirmation but funds have been debited from your account, you can be sure that we have processed your order. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if this has happened so that we can investigate the issue.
Do you have any stores where I can purchase a knife?
- We are an e-commerce based company, but our knives are also available at the department store NK in Stockholm.